January 7, 2011

"The Oppurtunity Cost of AP Chem Is Simply Giving Up Sleep"

It has been a week since I started my last semester of high school... ever. I am in Wind Ensemble, AP Stat, AP Macro, and AP Chem. The first three are not bad, but the last one is atrocious. I have lost sleep, patience, and just few tears in one week, and it only gets worse.

Yet, you might ask why I am taking it if it is so difficult? Well, there is only one problem with Chemistry; I love it. When I am slaving away at homework, I secretly adore it. When a problem clicks, you just get a great feeling. And when you boil an aqueous solution of ZnCl2, and the excess ZN is left as a residue; it just feels so fulfilling. (That was the lab that took 2 1/2 days to complete. We were the first group done; we're pretty boss.)

That behavior is like the typical AP Student. AP classes are basically a catch-22: To take the class, you have to be smart; but you have to be dumb enough to sign up for the AP classes.

Oh well, we will see how this semester goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment