January 10, 2011

I Am Not an Addict... I Am Just Not a Quitter

So, my extremely talented friend at Free to Dance has the most amazing blog posts. She also has some pretty awesome links, and one of them was a link to this site. So, here we go, let me tell you my two worst (favorite?) addictions:

1. Lists

I am addicted to lists. They are so useful; let me show you how:
  • They easily organize your thoughts.
  • They appeal to my inner OCD. 
  • They look so clean in a blog post. 
  • I like the little circles to the left.
  • Hmm... Even if you have nothing really important to say, bulleted lists make it seem more important.
I have lists for everything. I make to-do lists just to have a clean list in front of me. When I was a kid, I used to make these little profiles of myself which listed my favorite movie or book or Lego color. I was a weird kid.

2. Harry Potter

I really don't know if this is an addiction or just a part of my genetic make-up. I have loved this series ever since I got the first three books as a Christmas present in the second grade. I have read them all around five times, and I have all of the movies. I had coloring books, board games, and action figures out the wazoo (and yes, all of those words were plural). I still love the hype and feeling you get from being a part of this phenomenon. Also, I just discovered A Very Potter Musical, and I am obsessed. The songs are so catchy, and I even got sentimental at the last song about Hogwarts never leaving you. Yeah, here I am, a seventeen year old getting sentimental in front of his computer screen. What a lame-o.

So, there are my wonderful addictions.

2 comments:

  1. I love making lists too! Just stopping by from Taylor's link-up. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extremely talented? I'll take that.

    And I totally understand the list thing. Seeing as you've been creeping on my blog, you know this.

    ReplyDelete