December 30, 2010

2010: The Year That Was (Epic)

Well, I have made it through another year. 2010 has been an absolutely wonderful year. This was the year where decisions were made, and friendships were solidified. I can truly say that this has been the best year of my life. I have had a good time in school, but I have had an even better time in ROV and with friends.

This year, I place 7th (that's right, 7th) in the world at ROV Internationals; I just became an Eagle Scout; I was an Honor Marshall, and I have stayed in the top five in my class, and I was accepted into Georgia Tech. I have done many other things this year, but some of my other proudest accomplishments are much smaller.

2010 was a great year for me socially. High school has not been rough for me, but some years (sophomore and junior), my group of friends wasn't solid. Did I have best friends? Was I just allowed to stay in that group where I necessarily didn't fit in? That doesn't matter now because I have a great group of friends this year. I can honestly say that I care about these people, and that I will always be close to them.

Deborah, Caitlyn, Fluffy, and Ethan. Yeah, you guys are pretty cool cats. You have made this year one that I will remember forever. I have memories, especially with Caitlyn and Deborah, that I can cherish (and laugh about) for a while.

Katie DB. You are probably one of the few best friends that I will keep forever. Wow, this year we have talked more, and next year, we will be at Georgia Tech! I am so ready for the next chapter of our life with Ferret Bueller.

Savannah.  Wow, this has been an exciting year. I am so glad that I have met and gotten to know you this year. You are definitely my favorite freshman in more ways than one. I have spent a lot of great time with you, and I cannot wait for Prom.

ROV Guys. Wow, you guys have been instrumental in me opening up. It took me a while to get used to you guys, but it was worth it. Also, this was where I met Kelcy and Carter. I am really glad that I have met you; it has been great to get to know you guys.

So, there have been many more great friends and events that I didn't have the space (or patience) to document. This next year is going to be amazing.

2011, here I come.

P.S. I decided to add this little note since  I couldn't put that trademark ellipses after that last statement. So, I will just trail off my thought and put it here...

No comments:

Post a Comment