February 21, 2011

Georgia Tech

So, hello there. I feel like I haven't been here in forever, but I have a good reason: AP Chem. It is killing me (slowly and violently), but it should be worth it next year. I'm majoring in Chem, and I keep telling myself that I can actually do it, but we will see.

Today, I went on a tour of campus. But it was not just any tour; it was the most wicked sweet tour ever. My tour was not led by some random student; it was led by the Executive Director of Institutional Research. She was so nice, and there was only one problem with her. She looked like my former band director. And since she worked at Tech as well, I actually do think that they might be sisters, but I didn't bring that up because she probably hates her as well.

So,  we walked around campus, and I got to talk to a Chem professor who was astounding. She was so helpful and nice, and students kept popping in to talk to her and ask questions, and it was such a nice atmosphere. A college atmosphere. So, after that, we continued walking, and we ended up in the Bio Quad. These are the four most swank buildings ever created by man. Ever.

After that, we walked over to Junior's (yes, that legendary one) and had lunch. She brought friends to: the Director of Student Success Programs and the Co-Op Program Coordinator. I was in awe. They were all so normal and helpful, and they even brought swag. I now have brochures, a planner, a bookbag, and the book that they read in Freshman seminar.

I am still in awe of this day. I was so lucky, and I have to thank my cousin for setting it up. I can very easily see myself here next year. Very easily...

P.S. Their campus bookstore is actually a Barnes & Noble. You get your textbooks at a Barnes & Noble. Swank.

1 comment:

  1. Laaaame. I'm jealous.

    You know what I spent my day doing? AP Chem. I have to make up my test tomorrow.

    The best part? I think I have bronchitis again. wtf. Worst day ever.

    ReplyDelete