November 2, 2010

I Don't Think I Did Very Well. What Did You Get? A 98

I have a giant list of pet peeves and a very small temper. One of those peeves (peeves sounds weird without the pet in front of it) is when people make fun of themselves for compliments. Stop doing this, or I will retaliate.

"I only got a 96 on my test. What did you get?"
"Sorry bitch, but I got a 100. You kind of suck at life. Go sit in the corner and cut yourself with a spork from Taco Bell."

Everyone knows you are just fishing for compliments; just stop it. This rant was triggered by a guy in my trumpet section. He keeps complaining, very annoyingly, about his "inability" to play high notes. We tried to console him (give him the compliments he wants) before we gave up. We then got a new song that has some pretty cool high notes, and he was given them. He complained, and I asked if he wanted to trade parts. He declined... Really!?! You don't get compliments and the cool part; you have to choose one.

To finish on a happy note, I really love chili on cold days...

2 comments:

  1. The top one? Agreed. I can think of a certain flute player who does it all the time. And no. I'm not referring to myself.
    And whoa. Way to cuss, big guy. Don't you know that's my job?
    It's cool; I corrupted Caroline as well.

    And yes. I know who you are talking about and I just want to punch him in the stomach usually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, the cuss word is a quote; that is not my doing.

    And that flue player is majorly getting on my nerves as well.

    ReplyDelete